The H96 Pro Plus comes with 3 GB of DDR3 ram, dual wifi bands and it’s very own keyboard. The keyboard allows for easy searches and browsing the internet. Ever try typing something on an android box remote? It’s like old school texting on a flip phone, probably even worse! It comes with a whopping 32 GB storage when comparing this to other boxes you’re basically getting four times the storage. It also comes with a voice command remote control which is frickin awesome for an android box to have this type of feature. Definitely a good bang for your buck!
The specs seem to be better then most android boxes being pushed right now and with a reasonable price < $100 I can’t really complain. When looking at upper-tier android boxes they usually cost upward of $100 and have basically the same specs, I would say this box gives them a run for their money.
H96 Pro Plus Specs
- 3 GB DDR3 ram – This makes for a speedy experience loading any app or streaming any media on the TV box.
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi 2.4/5.8G – This allows for the connection between two different bands of wifi giving you options for the ultimate streaming experience.
- Bluetooth 4.1 – This is an upgrade compared to other boxes since most run 4.0. Also, you get to connect devices straight to the box via Bluetooth which is great.
- CPU: Amlogic S912 Octa-core – Faster video processing and ensures a lag-free experience.
- 32 GB internal storage – This is absolutely fantastic in my opinion. Most Android boxes come with a lackluster 8 GB of storage, I’ve even seen some sold with 4 GB. If you’re just an average user this does away with having to add any storage at all with an SD card or USB.
- 4k resolution – Definitely a box powerful enough to support slick 4k playback.
- Voice control remote- You can give your android box commands via remote control, this is absolutely amazing.
H96 Pro + Aesthetics
The look of this box is nice. The case is a sleek black with slots down the sides it also has ribs? For my pleasure I guess! Haha. I’m happy to see that all the devices ports are on the back and side and none are on the front it makes for a nice design. It’s a shame they decided to put bright red on the top of the box. I dislike seeing bright colors in front of my television as it causes me to get distracted. I have ADHD so I’m sure if you do to that you can relate to my issue. Other than that the H96 pro + is lightweight and feels durable. I’m happy that the boxes antennas are not on the outside of the box, I find this to be an ugly feature that some other brands like have in their design. I really like the remote to this box as well, it has minimal buttons and does what it’s supposed to do!
What’s Included With The H96 Pro Plus
- 1 X Android 7.1 TV Box – This is the box itself, it’s a shame it comes with an older version of android but a little bit of tinkering you can get it up to date.
- 1 X US Power Adapter
- 1 X Voice Command Remote Control – This is awesome, I’m so happy I have this feature. I haven’t owned a box yet that has this option.
- 1 X User Manual – Surprisingly a lot of android boxes don’t come with these, don’t ask me why because I don’t know! Either way, it’s nice to have a manual in case things aren’t going right.
- 1 X HDMI Cable
- 1 X H18 Touchpad Wireless Keyboard w/ USB Dongle – This is another nice thing to have, it allows for easy search functions or for browsing the web on your android box.
- Ethernet port – Great to have, I’m happy to see that most modern android boxes are still coming with an ethernet port, I like my video streaming buffering free!
- HDMI Port
- SD port – Allows for more storage if need be but with a whopping 32 GB for storage you should be okay for a while.
- USB port x2
What Apps Does It Come With?
The H96 pro plus just comes with the standard apps for android. This means you will have to put some effort into getting the applications you want on your box. This isn’t a bad thing though because now you get the opportunity to set your android box up the way you want it without having to worry about a bunch of bloatware bogging your device down. Most boxes don’t even come installed with Kodi now but installing Kodi on Android is really easy. Since the H96 also comes with a keyboard and a voice control remote you should have no issues asking the Playstore and finding Kodi.
The box is definitely reliable. Would I use it in my home? Yes, I definitely would use it for any video streaming needs. Since the box comes with 3 GB of DDR3 ram I would even say I could throw a few emulators on this box and go to town playing some old Super Mario games without any problems. The storage is definitely a bonus for me too, I like to stream a lot of videos but I also like being able to put videos on my box such as my daughter’s Xmas concert, etc to show visitors. I could see myself using this box for a long time, it doesn’t get hot and does what it is supposed to do so there I’m definitely happy with the device.
What I Like
There are tons to like about this android box. It comes with a speedy 3 Gb of DDR3 ram which helps improve my video playback. The internal storage is great, at 32 Gb I don’t have to worry about adding an SD card anytime soon. Dual Wifi Antenna is a nice feature if you plan on using the box near your modem without an ethernet cord it will definitely help with your streaming experience. Using the voice control remote is amazing, makes browsing around on the box a breeze. Tell it to open up any app and it does. The keyboard added into the package is also a nice touch and saves me from whipping out my phone to type stuff via the yatse app.
What I Don’t Like
There’s not much not to like about this android box, to be honest. But if I were to throw anything under the bus it would be the bright red logo on the top of the box. Also with the box coming with android 7.1 installed that means I have to do a little work to get the H96 up and running to my standards. When I buy a device I expect to be able to use it right out of the box without having to do a lot of tinkering. Getting it up to date isn’t too much of a hassle but it’s definitely something I would rather not have to do every time I purchase something!
Kodi Streaming Box Review – Is It The TV Box You Need?
If you already have a newer android box I don’t see a reason in buying this one unless it’s an upgrade and you have the money to spend. This android box does everything any other box does besides the voice control feature and that it comes with a keyboard. If you have an older out of date android box this I would say buy this one as soon as you can. I remember the first time I decided to upgrade my first android box, I believe it was the old mxq. The difference was night in day upgrading after owning it for two years.