Subscene is an addon for Kodi that provides subtitles in more than 50 languages. The languages Subscene focuses on are; English, Arabic, Brazilian, Farsi, Indonesian and Vietnamese. You can also find Danish, French, Swedish, Dutch, Italian, Norwegian and Spanish.
This addon isn’t my preference for subtitles but it is always good to have options in case you can’t find the subtitles you need with other addons. The addon I use for my subtitles is Open subtitles.
How To Install Subscene
- Open Kodi
- Select settings
- Go to file manager
- Select Addons
- Now select the option ” Install from repository”
- Locate the official Kodi Repository and click it
- Scroll down to the subtitles category and click it
- Find the Subscene addon
- Install the addon
Now that the addon is installed we can configure it.
- Return to Kodi’s Home screen
- Click on the Settings icon again
- select the “player” settings
- Go to languages
- Select “preferred subtitle language” and choose the language you want your subtitles to be in.
- Select Character set and choose the language you want.
- Now you can click languages to download subtitles and select the language you want
- Select Default TV show service and choose Subscene.com
- Select Default movies service and choose Subscene.com
There is one more step to get this working and than we’re cookin’
- Select a TV show you would like to watch through one of your addons
- Bring up up the Subtitles options, you can either do this during or before you load the video.
- Select download subtitles
- Now select subscene.com
- Pick one of the subtitle files from the list.
Now you’re ready to start using subtitles with any video you want to watch on Kodi.